A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
The only cookies that McQuillan Companies use are for Google Analytics and are listed below;
We may send to you the following cookies:
_utma – This is used to identify unique visitors
_utmb _utmc – This is used to establish a user session
_utmz – This is used to report the source of the visit ie. ad, search engine
These cookies are first-party cookies. This means that they are set for your domain and any data sent cannot be altered or retrieved by any other service.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our website
(2) to track you as you navigate our website
(3) to improve the website’s usability
(4) to analyse the use of our website
(5) in the administration of this website
(6) to personalise our website for you
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
This website is owned and operated by McQuillan Companies.
If you have any questions about our cookies or this Cookies Policy, please contact us by email (to email@example.com), by telephone (on +44 (0)28 9266 8831 or by post (to John McQuillan (Contracts) Ltd – 11 Ballinderry Road, Lisburn, BT28 2SA, County Antrim, Northern Ireland).